Barley Dosa Recipe: It may be an even better breakfast choice than oats for persons with Type 2 diabetes. It has loads of dietary fiber and selenium apart from being a low calorie grain.
Preparation Time: 9 Hours:15 Mins, Cook Time: 5 Mins, Total Time:9 Hours:20 Mins
Recipe Type: Breakfast, Appetizer
Cuisine Type: South Indian
Barley: 2 Cups
Black Gram/Urad Dal: 1 ½ Cup
Rice: 1 ½ Cup
Water: As Needed
Salt: To Taste
Olive Oil: 4 tsp
Rice, Barley and Urad: Wash & Soak overnight or soak atleast 9 hours.
Barley Dosa Recipe
• Grind the urad dal separately first and keep aside and then the rice and barley grind together with water only as much as needed so as to not make it too watery.
• When the batter is too smooth and done and mix the urad dal paste and the rice barley batter together.
• Add the salt and let it keep in a warm place for around 9 hrs.
• When the batter rises mix well and adjust with the water consistency and take a ladle full of batter and pour it on the pan.
• Pour olive oil around the sides of the dosa batter and leave it on low medium flame.
• Once it turns in brown in color and cooked and remove it without overturning it.
• Do not touch the dosa till its done or it tears on the sides.
• Serve hot dosa with peanut chutney,ginger chutney and any kind of podi.
Note: The barley takes a long time to soak. If u like it crispy pour it a little cold from the fridge. Barley’s fiber binds to and removes cholesterol-containing bile thereby helping those struggling with heart disease.