Capsicum Rice : Capsicum variety cultivated at least since 3000 BC. It species have also found use in medicines. Capsicum also known as peppers.Its species are native to the Americas, where they have been cultivated for thousands of years.
Preparation Time : 15 hrs, Cook Time : 25 Mins, Total Time : 20 Mins
Recipe Type : lunch and Dinner
Cuisine Type : Indian
Servings : 4
Ingredients for Capsicum Recipe:
Basmati rice : 2 cups
Green chillies paste : 1 tsp
Capsicum : 1
Cumin seeds : 1/2 seeds
Cashew nuts : 1 tsp
Mustard seeds : 1/2 seeds
Cinnamon : 1 small stick
Ghee : 1/2 tsp
Butter : 1 tsp
Grated coconut : 1 tsp
Salt : To Taste
Black pepper powder : 1/2 tsp
Rice : wash and cook
Cashew nuts : roast in ghee
Capsicum : Chop it
How to Cook Butter Capsicum Rice:
• Take a pan, Melt ghee and butter When it melts, add cumin and mustard seeds. Allow it to splutter.
• Add the cinnamon stick and green chillies paste and cook on low flame for a few seconds.
• Add the chopped capsicum and cook on a low flame for about 5 minutes. Do not over cook. The capsicum should become tender not burnt.
• Sprinkle salt and black pepper powder and Mix well.
• Add the cooked rice and roasted cashew nuts. Mix well so that all ingredients are evenly absorbed.
• Cook for another 3 minutes and add grated coconut and mix with rice. Turn off the flame.
• Serve the butter capsicum pepper rice hot with curry or with pickle and raita.