Egg Dosa Recipe : It is a very popular breakfast recipe. There are many varieties of dosas but it is one of the simplest dosa. Easy to prepare crepe or pancake and it is a fantastic, delicious, This Dosa is a very popular and traditional South Indian dish usually eaten for dinner and breakfast and it is rich in carbohydrates and proteins.
Preparation Time: 1 Hour, Cook Time: 4 Mins, Total Time: 1 Hour 4 Mins
Recipe Type: Breakfast, Brunch & Dinner
Cuisine Type: South India
Servings : 4
Ingredients for Egg Dosa:
Maida : 1 Cup
Rice Flour : 1/3 Cup
Urad Dal : 3 tsp
Onion : 1 Small
Green Chillies : 4
Tomato : 1 Big
Egg : 2
Coriander leaves : 1 Bunch
Baking Soda : ½ tsp
Pepper : ½ sp
Honey : 1 tsp
Water : 1 Cup
Salt : As Needed
Oil : 2 tsp
Coriander leave : Chop
Onion : Finely Chopped
Green Chillies : Cut into small pieces
Tomato : Sliced
Urad Dal : Wash & Soak in water for one hour and make into a smooth paste.
Eggs : In a small bowl break the eggs and add onions to it and beat it, till it is combined.
Egg Dosa Recipe Preparing Method :
• In a bowl add Urad dal paste, Rice flour, Maida, salt to taste, pinch of baking soda with little water and mix until it comes to Dosa batter consistency and then add 1 tsp of honey and mix well and keep it aside.
• Heat a pan and pour a ladle full of batter in to the pan and spread well to make a plain dosa.
• Now pour half of the egg mixture over the dosa and spread it all over the dosa.
• Put very little oil around dosa and then sprinkle some onions, green chillies, coriander leaves, Pepper and tomatoes over dosa.
• Turn it to the other side and cook it for a Minute. Once the dosa is crispy, fold the dosa and transfer to a plate.
• Serve the hot dosa with Coconut, Mint or Groundnuts chutney.
Note: You can spread a little pepper powder to add its more taste. Instead of sprinkling Onions, green chilles, coriander on dosa, you can mix all these ingredients into Eggs and beat perfectly then spread over dosa evenly. Taste remains same with less work and less time taken.