Kulcha Recipe:is a type of leavened bread eaten in India and Pakistan, made from maida (wheat flour). It is particularly popular in India and Pakistan, and is usually eaten with, Nihari, Payee, dal makhani or any gravy. They are very easy to make, it can be made in tandoor, griddle to on tawa, today I’m sharing you the recipe of Kulcha also known as Indian Bread made on tawa.
Ingredients for Kulcha Recipe
Maida/ all-purpose flour/ plain flour – 1 cup
Milk – 1/4 cup (plus as needed)
Curd – 1 tbsp.
Baking powder – 1/2 tsp
Sugar – 1 tsp
Salt – 1/2 tsp
Butter – As needed
2 and ½ tbsp. oil or ghee
Some oil or ghee or butter for frying
Extra flour for dusting
A few nigella seeds or sesame seeds
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt and sieve it to make sure even mixing of all three.
- In a mixing bowl, place the flour and make a dent in the middle. Add sugar, curd and milk.
- Begin to mix the flour with the liquids first and then knead.
- Make a smooth and soft dough.
- In the same bowl leave the dough to ferment for 2 to 4 hrs, by covering it with wet cloth.
- After some time knead again.
- Divide the dough to small equal balls.
- Roll the balls with dusting over a counter top.
- Sprinkle some nigella seeds on the ball.
- When its half rolled, add few drops of oil and spread it.
- Again roll to a thin roti.
- Heat a tawa and now spread little water on the top of rolled kulcha.
- Take the kulcha carefully and put it over the hot tawa in such with water brushed side is down. Cook covered in medium flame.
- Cook one side partly till its ¼ cooked bubbles can be seen.
- Flip and cook the other side till its ½ cooked.
- Apply ghee or oil on both sides of kulcha while it is cooking.
- Cook it till it get golden spots and is evenly cooked…
Serve kulcha hot or warm with gravies.
You May also Like to Check This