Rice Papad Recipe : Also called as Rice vadiyalu or biyam vadiyalu. In summer we can all see our roof tops spotted with vadiyalu, typically rice vadiyalu to see the patterit’s a fried snack once made can be stored for upto one year, it can be had as snack , but it is most popularly sued with dal rice, or sambar rice or rasam etc., its very easy to make the with least of ingredients and very simple method to make it.
After preparing the vadiyalu paste and setting then on a cloth, we must let then dry in hot summer sun, it takes about three day to dry till they are dry and crisp, don’t leave any amount of moisture.
Rice Papad Recipe or Rice Vadiyalu:
Rice flour-1 cup
Cumin seeds-1 tsp
Ginger – 1 pod
Green chillies-2 or red chilli powder- ½ tsp (optional)
Salt to taste
- Mix 1 cup flour into 2 cup water till it’s like a paste, add water if required.
- In 6 cup of water add cumin seed and bring it to boil.
- Add a bit of salt and let it boil more.
- And add this flour paste in the to the boil gradually.
- Let the mix boil for another 2-3 mins.
- Let is cool, one its cool.
- Take a cloth and make chips like shape with spoon.
- Allow it dry in sun for two days.
- Remove it from the cloth and dry it again for a day.
To remove the vadiyalu soak the cloth from backside of cloth and then stretch the cloth and the chips will come out easily
Those who don’t want spicy can let go of ginger and chillies
Can sabbudana ½ cup to the boiling water and let it boil for 5 mins, then you can later on add rice powder mix
Quote of the day : Watch out your actions, they may become your habit