Seviyan Recipe With Milk: Meethi Seviyan Recipe or Seviyan ka meetha Recipe or meethi seviyan is a sweet dessert made of whole wheat vermicelli, is made all over sub-continent with variations, it is a classic sweet dish made during festive season. It is very easy to make and ready in about half an hour including preparation time.
How to make Vermicelli. Let’s make Seviyan Recipe With Milk
Vermicelli-250 gram (break them)
Sugar- 1 cup (make a syrup)
Clarified butter-2 tbs
Milk- 2 cups (1/2 litre)
Cardamom- 3 crushed
Salt – ½ pinch
Saffron strands- few
Cashewnuts-5-6 (soak overnight and slice them finely)
Almonds-5-6 (soak overnight and slice them finely)
Pistachios- 4-5 (soak overnight and slice them finely)
Walnuts- 1 (soak overnight and slice them finely)
Thick bottomed open pan
Preparing of Easy Vermicelli Recipe
- Heat the pan and add ghee.
- When ghee is hot fry all the dry fruits slightly.
- Remove them, and keep aside.
- In the same ghee now out the seviyan/vermicelli.
- Start stirring the seviyan on a low to medium flame to roast.
- Roast till it is golden brown add milk and pinch of salt to it and increase the flame and bring it to boil, once it is cooking reduce the flame to sim.
- When it is half cooked add Khoya.
- Not add sugar syrup.
- Stir gently.
- When it is about to dry, add ¾ of dry fruits.
- If you add more milk it will become kheer.
- The seviyan be soft switch of the flame, the seviyan will absorb the moisture.
- Garnish it with ¼ th of dry fruits and serve.
- It can be served hot, warm and cold too.
Many people make vermicelli in the breakfast too, it is salted and seasoned with chilli, its very handy and quick to make.
You May Also Like to Check the following recipes on this site: