Tamarind Chutney: The tamarind chutney can be use as dip, topping over chats, accompaniment or even bread spread. It is called ‘Chinthapandu Pachadi’ in Telugu and ‘Imli ka Achar’ or ‘Imli chutney’ in Hindi
Preparation Time: 10 Mins, Cook Time: 20 Mins, Total Time: 25 Mins
Recipe Type: Appetizer, Brunch
Cuisine Type: South Indian
Ingredients for Imli Chutney:
Tamarind : 1 Cup
Coriander Seeds : 1 tsp
Cumin Seeds : 1 ½ tsp
Dry Red Chillies : 8
Urad Dal : 3/5 Cup
Water : 1 Cup
Methi Seeds : ½ tsp
Garlic Coves : 6
Turmeric Powder : ¼ tsp
Curry Leaves : 4 Springs
Asafetida : A Pinch
Onions : 2 Small Size
Salt : To Taste
Oil : 4 tsp
Tamarind : Wash and soak tamarind in water for 15 mins.
Onions : Chopped
Tamarind Chutney Cooking Method:
- In a Pan heat Oil add the Red Chilies, Coriander seeds, Urad dal, Cumin seeds, Methi seeds, Garlic cloves, turmeric powder and curry leaves roast for 4 Mins up to nice aroma comes out. Transfer into plate and let it cool for some time.
- In a Blender add all the roasted ingredients and grind it coarsely. Then add the soaked Tamarind and Salt, asafoetida and grind it.
- Now add the chopped Onions and mix it well and transfer to the other bowl.
- Now, for Tadka, Heat 2Tbsp oil in a pan, Add Jeera seeds, curry leaves and mix it in tamarind paste
- serve with plain hot rice with ghee.Watch | Actress REGINA CASSENDRA New Ad Goes Viral | Must Watch Video
Note: You can Store in a dry container for 5 days and you can add jaggery it can Changes the quantity of jaggery according to your taste. More jaggery will give sweeter taste and less jaggery will give sour taste